Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Footloose!!

I gotta tell ya, I didn't intend for this blog to become a social commentary forum, complete with video clips, about the state of American media and how we view ourselves and how the average television viewer in this country puts way too much stock into the opinions of people like Oprah, Barbara Walters, and Tyra Banks. But, sometimes I see something ridiculous like the following and it makes me want to jump through the screen and strangle these people for poisoning the minds of people like my mom who casually watch this crap and start to believe that dancing after having some (okay, in this case its 15) drinks is an indicator of a bigger problem like alcoholism. You know what is the indicator? The 15 drinks.

Yeah, I've danced a few times in my life while drunk, too. Guess I gotta go where Amy Winehouse didn't want to go, but eventually did.

The Huffington Post : Tyra Banks Chastises a Drunk-Dancer.

Sorry, I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed this video onto my page.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

This reminds me of the shit they pull in the Mormon church. I remember I stayed the night at a friend's house in 6th or 7th grade and I had to go to their crazyshit church service. Anyway, they, during the service, brought up a 16 year old girl who had gotten pregnant out of wedlock and allowed each member of the congregation to hurl insults at her. I went outside, waited on the ground by their car, and never talked to that girl again. Those people scared me shitless.