Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clicking on things

For the first time in my internet surfing career I clicked on a banner ad. It was for those weird "I Hate Sarah Marshall" viral billboards that have been sprouting up all over Chicago, and I assume other major metropolitan areas around the United States.

I got exactly what I expected I suppose, which is a viral marketing campaign for a movie called Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I gotta say, I like the fake Blogger site. Or, is it real? I don't know! I can't tell! Man, they sure put a lot of work into this! So many fake blog entries, and links, and the "About Me" section. There's even a link to the site for the fake band Infant Sorrow, whom I assume are the band to which the lead characters antagonist's new boyfriend belongs to. I learned that by reading the faux-blog. BLAUG. That's a new word and you head it here first.

Blaug (n.) - fake blog, sometimes used to promote something or pay tribute to....

where was I?

OOOOOOOOH....This movie stars Jason Segal of 'Freaks and Geeks' and 'Undeclared' fame, and is directed by Judd Apatow of the same, so I'll probably see this at some point. Fourteen years of using the internet and not clicking on ads DOWN THE DRAIN.

Speaking of clicking on things.... FAIL Blog was one thing, here is the official WIN Blog. So stupid it's awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is your really amazing girlfriend and i like this blog b/c theres cussing! no f-bombs, no name calling, just a nice blog. or was this a blaug? am i getting punk'd? uncle phil, aunt janet, and marianne are in the other discussing you being in antarctica.

Anonymous said...

oh maaaan, RE-DOOOOO!!!! i meant, theres no cussing.

I'm beth. said...

yeah, the sarah marshall blog is really creative. i probably still wont see the movie, but it's a great idea.