Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rule/Suck '08

Here's the definitive list of things that ruled and sucked in 2008. I love reviewing the year! It brings a tear to my extremely jaded eyes...

RULE
- 6 paid months off.
- Mexican vacation in Tulum.
- Visiting Skully in England.
- FOB Spring Break show in Cancun. I think I'm still hungover.
- Almost going to Antarctica.
- Staying the course in Amsterdam after a whole box of these :

- Having a new apartment and actually spending time in it.
- Disfear "Live The Storm", Lords "Fuck All Y'all Motherfuckers", Iron Chic, Lil Wayne "Tha Carter III", Torche "Meanderthal", The Bronx "III", The Gaslight Anthem "'59 Sound", Dear & The Headlights "Drunk Like Bible Times"
- The many, many BBQs this summer
- Friends getting engaged/married/having babies : Jesse & Jessica, Pete & Ashlee & Bronx, Joe & Marie
- Turning 32 in Europe with some of my best friends around.
- Peapod grocery delivery. Perfect for lazy, non car having fucks like me.
- Zappos. Same as above except for shoes.
- Online Scrabble.
- The Horrorble Business hijacking of the set in S.F. :

- Obama. I knew this country wasn't COMPLETELY fucking retarded.
- Buying and wearing sunglasses for the first time in my life.
- Another round of Japan, Australia and Hawaii with the MCS guys and crew.
- Doing a show in Russia for a billionaire. E-mail me and I'll get you the full story.
- Minute Maid pomegranate blueberry 100% juice blend. It nourishes your brain.
- Not going to Hawaii with someone I would eventually grow to despise.
- 511 skinny jeans even though I'm fat(ter).
- Me. Bet you didn't see that coming!

SUCK
- Grandma passing away.
- Losing another iPod. This time by my own irresponsibility.
- Not making it to Antarctica and getting stuck in Punta Arenas, Chile with scary fan kids surrounding the building at all times...

- Pepsi changing their logo, and STILL sucking. Coca-Cola FTW!
- The amount of money I spent at Small Bar this year. Absurd.
- Dropping my iPhone in the sea in Mexico, getting a new one and then nearly destroying that one too.
- That terrible new Kanye West record. I'm a huge Kanye fan, and this was such a pile of shit that I deleted from my computer lest it taint my other music files.
- Twitter, Facespace, MyBook, etc... Necessary evil I guess.
- Gaining another 20+ lbs. I'm starting to look like a pear.
- Everything suddenly being so goddamn expensive.

- German being really hard to learn.
- You. 3 years running now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for saying we rule